Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nov 23, 2008

I have only recently learned how to knit... began learning how this July when my 12 yr. old grand-daughter said how easy it was. (She learned how in an afternoon school program). As we were both looking forward to doing something together, I found some knitting needles and yarn stashed away from a previous attempt many years ago. This time, I succeeded through the help of several books, but mostly from several very helpful sites and videos that I found on the internet. I started out knitting headbands, which I found stretched like crazy. Then moved onto Grandma's favorite dishcloth using Peaches 'n Cream yarn...not a very easy yarn for a new knitter like me, as I started out knitting very tight. However, I learned how to do decreases and increases with this pattern in easy garter (all knit) stitch. I did several of those until I felt confident that I could try something more complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment